13 October 2009

Real Cooks use Real Butter




Julia Child's a riot! The manly cuddly body and the voice, high-pitched and singsongy!  I giggled a little but was soon intensely concentrating on her every move and hanging on to her every word.  I must admit, she's a goddess in the kitchen, a formidable force to reckon with.  I am enthralled and at her mercy.  

I am an ant next to this giant of a woman, so you can imagine how much force I had to put in to move and swirl that pan around.  I panicked on the 7th second, realizing that I had put too much butter.  But butter is what French cooking is all about, n'est-ce pas?!  I recovered, beautifully.  This was my first attempt and I must say, "Oooh la la, c'est delicieux!"  


 

I didn't have parsley so I added fresh basil leaves instead.   Since "E." loves tomatoes, I sprinkled some in there, too.  

Bon Appetite! 

Mrs. Bee's sidebar:  Bon appetite is my Franglais phrase: French and English combined.  When I type "Bon Appetite", it is deliberately not "appetit".  So please pronounce as an English word.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog